Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Singles flopping radically.

voothevoolian

Go to solution Solved by Mark,

Hey, first off i realize appreciate your hard work and dedication especially because i know this game is most likely time consuming. 

Ever since the new update I've run into a bug where singles flop radically while the albums proceed as normal (if its good, t charts 1 and so on) I used to be able to chart number 30 even with low reputation now I can't even break top 200 in North America WITH MAX REPUTATION and promotions.  See the images below, songs with such high rating shouldn't do so poorly I know people have been wanting their song to flop but not every song because there needs to be some type of realism. 

chartbug1.PNG

chartbug2.PNG

chartbug3.PNG

It's weird because I'm not sure if t affects the A.I or not, songs from my albums still chart well but actual singles that are released never even reach 100 which is absurd because the single before that made 14 million sales then it randomly started to flop (i know over time songs get less popular but from one week being in the top 30, it went to 154 that's quite dramatic and now its plummeting. Albums are the only thing that I can make that doesn't immediately flop.

Chartbug5.PNG

chartbug4.PNG

This is not what we meant when we said we wanted to flop. In your case, it should definitely chart high since the ratings are all above 90. 

I'm okay with being around top 20 or top 40 initially and then slowly making our way to the top.

But not even entering the top 100 with ratings like that seemed to be too extreme in my opinion.

I understand that with the new patch, getting ratings like that will be challenging and I'm fine with that but if we did somehow produce a great track, it should be given a chance to chart in the upper regions of the top 100.

@voothevoolian Have you checked the performance of the song in the next few weeks? Has it been rising or completely fallen off the charts?

6 minutes ago, MrDash said:

This is not what we meant when we said we wanted to flop. In your case, it should definitely chart high since the ratings are all above 90. 

I'm okay with being around top 20 or top 40 initially and then slowly making our way to the top.

But not even entering the top 100 with ratings like that seemed to be too extreme in my opinion.

I understand that with the new patch, getting ratings like that will be challenging and I'm fine with that but if we did somehow produce a great track, it should be given a chance to chart in the upper regions of the top 100.

@voothevoolian Have you checked the performance of the song in the next few weeks? Has it been rising or completely fallen off the charts?

It decreases, see screenshot below for reference. it's already fallen of the charts going from 247 to 330. 

chartbbug6.PNG

45 minutes ago, MrDash said:

Okay and I also notice that the last week position is all "0"? Seems like a bug to me.

yeah it is a bug. Thats why i put it in bugs and errors, others have been also reporting this happening to them so i assumed it had to do with the new update. It ruined that gameplay but i started a new one and its going normal again.

15 hours ago, MrDash said:

TV advertising doesn't help enough (only Youtube), so you just make a debut and fall, there's nothing but debut, regardless of position.

Can you send me this save.

For the record a high rated song can be a flop still but its not common.  Id be interested to see if this song was classified as a flop and I could see that if you can send please.

15 hours ago, Mark said:

Can you send me this save.

For the record a high rated song can be a flop still but its not common.  Id be interested to see if this song was classified as a flop and I could see that if you can send please.

SavedGame.db SavedGame.r2s Temp.db

Also to point out this track was not affected by any flop code. Something happened with label data and it caused an error.