Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Album Tracks Charting Issue

MrDash

This must've been mentioned somewhere before but I couldn't find the thread. Basically, I noticed that the album tracks charting in the singles charts doesn't necessarily have the highest streaming from the album.

I have two album tracks with 60-70 million streams during the current week, but two other songs with ~50 million streams were charting instead in the singles charts.

Plus, some of these info are still being displayed wrongly for the album tracks: Last week's position (LW), peak, weeks on chart (WoC) and Song Details (under facts).

• Like 1

I want to add that every time I try to release album tracks that have been on the singles chart for awhile, somehow the worldwide singles charts become messed up. Only 5 or 6 singles were displayed there. I don't know how this relates to one another but this is what I observed.

Eg: The album track released as a single after 3 months (The Miracle Song).

e34avjU.png

v6tt3fP.png

Edited by MrDash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

This the same game as you're having video AI issues, if so can you give me your save please

Yes, but I have simmed like almost 2 months ahead though. But the issue with worldwide charts is still there nonetheless.

By the way, I have pointed out several issues in other threads just now. Maybe you can use this save to address them as well.

Thank you.

SavedGame.db

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, MrDash said:

These info are still being displayed wrongly for the album tracks: Last week's position (LW), peak, weeks on chart (WoC) and Song Details (under facts).

This hasn't been addressed yet I suppose? Cause I checked the details and they looked wrong again.

Ill be honest it hasnt been looked at. Ive moved to a jira solution to manage problems so ill add there for the next compile.

So all album tracks that chart in singles shows the wrong LW and WOC right?

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ill be honest it hasnt been looked at. Ive moved to a jira solution to manage problems so ill add there for the next compile.

So all album tracks that chart in singles shows the wrong LW and WOC right?

Yes including the peak position.

Also the name of the song when we click on the song facts. It's showing the album name instead.

In this new game, I released an album, "Smokes and Mirrors" and I noticed a few things:

1) There are two album tracks charting in the singles chart. However, one of tracks, "Cotton Candy" was already released as a single 6 months prior to the release of the album. I suppose this shouldn't happen right? Because right now, the sales and streams for "Cotton Candy" are now being counted separately (as a single and album track). The single version of this song has left the charts (but not off sale yet) and the album version is now charting within the top 10 of the US singles chart.

2) Another issue that doesn't add up is the charting of album tracks. For eg, in this album, some of my album tracks with higher streams didn't enter the singles charts but other tracks with lower streams are charting instead.

3) I know that due to our previous experience, you've decided to limit the charting to only 2 album tracks per album to prevent too much of album tracks flooding the singles chart. I noticed that the 100th song in the US chart has 20,000 sales which require roughly 3,000,000 US streams (no CD or digital sales included), which means that at least 6,000,000 or more worldwide streams are required (assuming that 40-50% of worldwide streams are coming from the US). Based on this calculation, all of the tracks from my album have more than enough streams to enter the singles chart. So, it feels unfair that they're not charting since they're eligible here.

But I also understand that if you change here, every other album tracks from all albums will enter the main singles charts like crazy. Therefore, I suggest that the requirement for album tracks to enter the singles chart should be raised higher, meaning greater streams to sales ratio (not using the 1: 150, maybe 1:1250 or something). But the limit of two per album should be removed in my opinion cause these days some artists even debut their entire album in the singles charts.

About album tracks charting, I also noticed that if I release one of them as a single later the chart history in terms of charting positions only shows the one scored since the single release. Meaning: if a song from the album charts at #10 (for example), when it's released as a single and in that format only charts (for example) at #23, on the charting history or in the single details page it says that it peaked at #23, and not at #10.  Also, getting certifications and better sales it's very easy with songs that charts very well as album tracks before their release as a single, while singles released before the album (the one actually pushed) struggle to reach does numbers and don't get the same benefit from the album release streams

17 minutes ago, Monky2405 said:

About album tracks charting, I also noticed that if I release one of them as a single later the chart history in terms of charting positions only shows the one scored since the single release. Meaning: if a song from the album charts at #10 (for example), when it's released as a single and in that format only charts (for example) at #23, on the charting history or in the single details page it says that it peaked at #23, and not at #10.  Also, getting certifications and better sales it's very easy with songs that charts very well as album tracks before their release as a single, while singles released before the album (the one actually pushed) struggle to reach does numbers and don't get the same benefit from the album release streams

Exactly, I find it easier to wait until the album tracks debut on the singles chart and let it gain enough streams then release it as single. With this strategy, on the first week itself, the single would have gone platinum due to the streams accumulated previously as an album track.

However, its harder to push the single on it's own to the top of the charts before the album release, unless the reputation and ratings are sufficiently high. 

2 minutes ago, MrDash said:

Exactly, I find it easier to wait until the album tracks debut on the singles chart and let it gain enough streams then release it as single. With this strategy, on the first week itself, the single would have gone platinum due to the streams accumulated previously as an album track.

However, its harder to push the single on it's own to the top of the charts before the album release, unless the reputation and ratings are sufficiently high. 

Yes, also because most of the times the strongest week it's the first one, from that one it's either stability or falling..there's not a proper chart run

2 minutes ago, Monky2405 said:

Yes, also because most of the times the strongest week it's the first one, from that one it's either stability or falling..there's not a proper chart run

But I don't have difficulties with the chart run. They managed to go up eventually. Maybe because mine is a white, pop artist from the US?

Race, country and genre really affects the chart run I suppose. Also other details like song ratings, your artist' reputation in North America.

In this new game, I released an album, "Smokes and Mirrors" and I noticed a few things:

1) There are two album tracks charting in the singles chart. However, one of tracks, "Cotton Candy" was already released as a single 6 months prior to the release of the album. I suppose this shouldn't happen right? Because right now, the sales and streams for "Cotton Candy" are now being counted separately (as a single and album track). The single version of this song has left the charts (but not off sale yet) and the album version is now charting within the top 10 of the US singles chart.

2) Another issue that doesn't add up is the charting of album tracks. For eg, in this album, some of my album tracks with higher streams didn't enter the singles charts but other tracks with lower streams are charting instead.

3) These info are still being displayed wrongly for the album tracks: Last week's position (LW), peak, weeks on chart (WoC) and Song Details (under facts).

Note: Reposting cause I think it was lost in the conversation above.

Edited by MrDash