Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Artists can have mental illness like depression, suicidal and they can be addicted to a drugs

taikyrio

so what i mean is basicly they can have mental illness that might affect their attributes and their music and they can be addicted to a drugs which can affect their attributes and way they make music too, and they can die because of it and if artist made albums/ep/singles before death those can be released and they would gain massive hype because of it, or if they were making albums/ep in time of their death those albums/ep can be finished with features

On 3/23/2021 at 10:27 PM, taikyrio said:

so what i mean is basicly they can have mental illness that might affect their attributes and their music and they can be addicted to a drugs which can affect their attributes and way they make music too, and they can die because of it and if artist made albums/ep/singles before death those can be released and they would gain massive hype because of it, or if they were making albums/ep in time of their death those albums/ep can be finished with features

Currently, artists can actually go on hiatus for depression so its kind of in the game already. But I do think this would be a cool idea to look into further šŸ‘

• Like 1

Idk how it works, but artistes died in chart wars 3šŸ˜Œ

9 hours ago, Mark said:

Stuff like this should come into the game yes I agree, just how its done is debatable.

Ā 

On 3/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, Mark said:

Stuff like this should come into the game yes I agree, just how its done is debatable.

Perhaps for something like depression, it could just be brought on if their happiness stats get below 25.Ā 

Addictions could be based on the rebellion stats and happiness stats. For example, if happiness is below 50 and rebellion above 50 theĀ  the artist starts an addiction.Ā 

As for death/suicide. Older artists should die rather than retire (in my opinion) as its something that happens to everyone and we shouldn't shy away from it šŸ™‚

As for suicide, this could maybe happen when your artist has had 0 happiness for x number of months.

In all instances there should be an option to help the artist. For example, a rehab facility, therapy/therapist, time away from career to relax. There could even be some events that occur that cause the record label to react.Ā  A new stat could even be introduced to the artist section called "Stress" this would be different to happiness and would show how overworked an artist is. This may increase and get worse if your artist has been on tour after tour after tour all year as well as being in the studio and filming music videos. This new stat would affect the other stats if it gets to a certain level.

**Just another feature I think would be cool: If an artist is addicted to something (more particularly smoking anything), it would be cool if this decreased their singingĀ live and studio stats over time.Ā 

I understand some people won't want to play with these game features, but I'm sure other will. So maybe it would be an option to add a "tick box" to the game creation window to enable or disable these features.

• Like 2

Agreed. Every single year, I make my artistĀ releaseĀ 3-4 singles and a full studioĀ album with an accompanying tour. In reality, artists can get over-worked by this, so I guess the "stress" bar option can be implemented here.Ā 

• Like 3

You can always have some other things equivalent to suicide for game purposes, like making an artist quit the music industry for good if they have too much unhappiness/stress. Older artists dying from old age may be something natural to add, though (in real life they rarely just retire from music, they just release much less new stuff and their new stuff is far less popular).

• Like 1

I think leaving the industry is ok.

The game just doesnt need to touch on the death subject I feel. Its always been a hard line for me although I believe 1.0 had it in there.

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think leaving the industry is ok.

The game just doesnt need to touch on the death subject I feel. Its always been a hard line for me although I believe 1.0 had it in there.

I agree that maybe suicide shouldn't be introduced (I only included it in my previous post as someone had previously mentioned it). But I do think that naturalĀ death should occur when an artist gets older rather than just retiring from music. For example, aretha franklin said in an interview that she would never retired and always keep releasing music. And I think this is the same for many other artists, so retiring just doesn't seem right or fit and sort of feels like an unclosed ending. But maybe it's just peoples different views on death, some people are fine with talking about it and others find it uncomfortable to even think of it.Ā 

In my opinion, I think it should be in the game, it doesn't have to be grim or upsetting, but just to act as an ending to an artists careerĀ and perhaps create some unique gameplay such as memorial greatest hits albums and things like that.

šŸ˜Š

• Like 1