Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Limited Edition Released

Scotland2013

For @Mark

Some suggestions for limited edition releases:

1) Limited edition albums (for both rereleasing albums as well as greatest hits albums)(would have lower sales as it limited and are only released on physical format, but they would cost x3+ the ammount of a normal album thats on sale).

2) Box sets, much like above, they would cost a greater amount than a normal album (as its a box set of many) so maybe £30 and this would only sell a limited number. (Maybe you have a maximum of 250,000 worldwide you can sell for example). It would allow you to select multiple albums (rather than songs like a greates hits) which would form the box set. it would only be available physically. Main usage is to make money (as retail price would be high e.g. £30) rather than high chart performance

3) Limited edition physical format singles. No matter when a single was released (1 yeear ago or 10 years ago) you are able to rerelease the single on physical format only (and again, your limited to a certain number, I said 250,000 worldwide above as a suggestion).

All limited edition options should have a limtied number of copies that can be produced (this keeps it as a limited edition release and not a major release, in addition to this, it prevents the sales going on for too long and affecting the code. Instead, by only allowing a maximum of say 250,000 copies worldwide (ive just suggested this figure but happy for it to be changed), this limites sales to be a couple of weeks at most. 

The more limited edition a release is, the higher price you should be able to sell it for. For example, if you have the highest release possible (of 250,000 copies) then the maximum price you should be able to sell a Limited album should be say £30, if you only have produced 10,000 copies, then maybe it should allow you to sell it for £100. This would make the sale of these items worth while for the player (as even though they are selling a small amount and not charting, they are at a high price so make alot of money. 

Limited edition albums should overall have a higher price tag attached to them (regardless of the rarity of them), the box set should have the next highest price and then singles have the lowest price (as its only one song)

• Like 2

I could see this being used as an easy way to make money by the user but then again the user makes the game world however they like

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 11:25 PM, Mark said:

I could see this being used as an easy way to make money by the user but then again the user makes the game world however they like

I see what you mean. But in some ways, that's what record labels do in reality 🤣 That's why I was thinking limit the amount of production to 250k units (maybe this is even too much, maybe 100k worldwide is better?). Just thought it would be cool as many artists from the 90's are releasing limited edition versions of their hit albums and songs 30 years later.