Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Album tracks

blonded

First off I LOVE that you were able to allow album tracks to chart, but the fact that they are only able to be streamed and not purchased is a bit unrealistic to me. There have been many times where songs have reached #1 on iTunes just as album tracks, a recent example of this is Ariana Grande's deluxe album tracks all reaching the top 3 on iTunes. I think that it would be more realistic if they sold "Digital" sales, because to my understanding that is this game's equivalent to iTunes and other digital marketplaces.

Overall I am so in love with this game! Thank you it was so worth the wait and more! @Mark

This is a good point. Id be interested to know in this day and age how many sales are really coming from those sales. Itunes is old news now right.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 3:17 PM, Mark said:

This is a good point. Id be interested to know in this day and age how many sales are really coming from those sales. Itunes is old news now right.

I agree but I think that the sales should be minimal. Maybe between 3k and 25k since they're only album tracks. But I've had album tracks go #1 with over 500k sales just from streams, and in real life artists kind of let the fans pick the next single. They sometimes wait to see which songs from the album do the best and then start promoting them and that's what I've been doing now with the album tracks because it's helpful to see how they'll do as singles.

7 hours ago, blonded said:

I agree but I think that the sales should be minimal. Maybe between 3k and 25k since they're only album tracks. But I've had album tracks go #1 with over 500k sales just from streams, and in real life artists kind of let the fans pick the next single. They sometimes wait to see which songs from the album do the best and then start promoting them and that's what I've been doing now with the album tracks because it's helpful to see how they'll do as singles.

I think if he increases the percentage of sales of streams for tracks, there will be countless tracks invading the top 20 every week, because every week there are countless albums released and the game has a "reputation bug", that is, whatever if your artist has 10% to 90% reputation, he will make a big debut sales.

9 hours ago, DavidCarter said:

I think if he increases the percentage of sales of streams for tracks, there will be countless tracks invading the top 20 every week, because every week there are countless albums released and the game has a "reputation bug", that is, whatever if your artist has 10% to 90% reputation, he will make a big debut sales.

The game considers an average of 88 reputation as a good rep, not under. What is also always considers is how good the release is and if low rep and high quality it drops faster.