Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New stats for sales/concerts

Jord

This may be more of a suggestion for 1.4 or 2.0 if it ever comes to that than for 1.3.

My suggestion is as follows:

three new stats:

- singles appeal

- albums appeal

- concerts appeal

What I'd love is to be able to create bands  that sell out concerts but don't get in the top 40.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Although I agree that would be great since not all the artist have the same appeal for concerts than for published material (especially as they grow older), I don't think it's realistic that they don't get in the top40 at their peak. For example Def Leppard (which you mentioned in another post) at their peak they had two #1 albums in a row in the US and most of Europe and a bunch of top5 singles (Love Bites #1, Pour Some Sugar On Me #2, Armageddon It #3). I think that is more of an issue of becoming outdated: their new music is not fresh enough to get massive success but their old music was successful enough to sell out concerts. I don't think a tour where they only play their new material would be that successful though, I'd be disappointed if I went to their concert and they didn't play 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' but new music that I haven't heard before, to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, mcaso said:

Although I agree that would be great since not all the artist have the same appeal for concerts than for published material (especially as they grow older), I don't think it's realistic that they don't get in the top40 at their peak. For example Def Leppard (which you mentioned in another post) at their peak they had two #1 albums in a row in the US and most of Europe and a bunch of top5 singles (Love Bites #1, Pour Some Sugar On Me #2, Armageddon It #3). I think that is more of an issue of becoming outdated: their new music is not fresh enough to get massive success but their old music was successful enough to sell out concerts. I don't think a tour where they only play their new material would be that successful though, I'd be disappointed if I went to their concert and they didn't play 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' but new music that I haven't heard before, to be honest.

Well maybe I'm wrong about Def Leppard. You're right they had hits. But more in the 80s I think? (and the mod I make is 90s)

I'd love to be able to make for example the Stones with 100 concert appeal, maybe 80-85 albums appeal and 50 singles appeal. Just an example.

Anyway, I like the idea of setlist playing a part in the appeal for the tour too that you bring up if that's possible (maybe it already does?).

Edited by Jord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jord said:

Well maybe I'm wrong about Def Leppard. You're right they had hits. But more in the 80s I think? (and the mod I make is 90s)

I'd love to be able to make for example the Stones with 100 concert appeal, maybe 80-85 albums appeal and 50 singles appeal. Just an example.

Anyway, I like the idea of setlist playing a part in the appeal for the tour too that you bring up if that's possible (maybe it already does?).

#1 albums in 1987 and 1992 but their highest selling singles were in the late 80s, yes. I think the main point is that the game doesn't have anything to deal with an artist's career past their peak apart from a decrease in reputation (which is not very realistic). Everyone knows the Beatles, most people would surely recognise Paul McCartney, and he can most surely still sell out Wembley singing 'Let It Be' and 'Yesterday', but I'm pretty sure most people have never heard a single song he released in the last decade (and he released half a dozen albums).

4 minutes ago, mcaso said:

#1 albums in 1987 and 1992 but their highest selling singles were in the late 80s, yes. I think the main point is that the game doesn't have anything to deal with an artist's career past their peak apart from a decrease in reputation (which is not very realistic). Everyone knows the Beatles, most people would surely recognise Paul McCartney, and he can most surely still sell out Wembley singing 'Let It Be' and 'Yesterday', but I'm pretty sure most people have never heard a single song he released in the last decade (and he released half a dozen albums).

Well, now that I checked his last album McCartney III peaked at #2 just two months ago and his previous album Egypt Station peaked at #1 in 2018, so maybe more people than I thought listened to his new music. They peak in their first week and then quickly drop by +50 positions per week, though, so they don't actually sell a lot of copies (none of his last albums got any certification). His singles really don't chart well, I guess this kind of older artist has a very loyal fanbase who will buy every album the week it's released but otherwise their new music is not really successful.