Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Non charting songs

guam2

I think one thing that should be added is songs that don’t chart at all. I have yet to have a single that hasn’t charted in the top 5 of any country. i feel like sometimes songs just flop and don’t do well, which adds a lot of depth to the game in my opinion and makes it harder (and more realistic). also like my very first debut single where i had little followers and no reputation, still debuted at 2 worldwide and 3 in the usa. i just feel like that’s not right because most artists are unknown and unless they get super lucky, there first single probably won’t be a hit. another thing i think would be cool to add is making artists that only do moderately well. in the game as of now, if you put in a lot of money to an artist, they are basically guaranteed a number 1 hit at some point in their career. they will probably have many. it would be nice to see that you could put money into artists but that doesn’t guarantee success. like sometimes maybe they only chart for one week or not at all, or there highest peaking single ever is in the mid 30s or 40s. hopefully this makes sense and sorry for any typos! i also just want to say that i’m obsessed with this game and it’s the most realistic one out there. i appreciate your hard work!

• Like 11

Have experienced the same thing when I for instance formed a new band without any fame or reputation and their first single got to no.1 almost everywhere even in the usa.

I agree its kinda unrealistic to break through in those countries like the usa or europe without any reputation, maybe this could be tweaked in the new version.

• Like 1

A lot of work has been put into the new sales code and testing we're doing will hopefully get this sort of thing into a better state.

Essentially concept is if the song is brilliant then it should stand a chance however will suffer from lesser longlivity where as high rep artists will benefit with a good song lasting longer.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1