Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New Genre

Scotland2013

4 hours ago, Scotland2013 said:

I know EDM and grime are getting added in the next update, but not sure if any other are.  Is it possible to add the following genres as well: gospel, jazz, opera etc.

Not at this time. One reason is this music just doesnt chart well.

Ok, I just thought it would allow for more dynamic gameplay and allowing for artists to develop through different genres and go back to their roots when they become successful e.g like Whitney Houston with The Preachers Wife Album (as chart performance isn't always important in music). Maybe in the future though 🙂

Well you can have an r&b artist like "The Weeknd" make a pop album despite it not being his main genre and also change genre. 

So in a way what your asking for is already implemented.  Just have to be a Lil more creative. XĐ

There is an element of capping here btw as the database is limited. The more I save on processing time the more I can store and process so I suspect it will come in the future because I plan to implement sub genres too.

3 hours ago, Night guy said:

Well you can have an r&b artist like "The Weeknd" make a pop album despite it not being his main genre and also change genre. 

So in a way what your asking for is already implemented.  Just have to be a Lil more creative. XĐ

Night Guy- just to clarify, I wasn't asking for the ability for other artists to do different genres, I already know this has been a feature of the game for a while. I was asking if it was possible to add genres that weren't already implemented and are less commercially popular (e.g gospel) as I thought this allowed for a more dynamic and inclusive range of music within the game!!! Mark kindly replied to let me know why it may not be possible at the moment 😃 But hopefully some of these genres may be added in the future 👍