Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Singles Chart

iblamejay

Even though the charts are pretty accurate and the work behind it it’s amazing, I feel like the singles chart could be more realistic. From what I’ve experienced, the singles chart works pretty much like the albums chart, the singles debut pretty high, and that’s often their peak, but in real life, they usually debut low (obviously there are exceptions) or in a moderate position, and climb the charts in the following weeks til they reach their peak, it’d be amazing if it could be remodeled to follow that path.

Also, a bigger impact on the albums chart when singles from the album reach high positions in the singles charts would be amazing.

Thank you for this amazing game!

There is more work to be done for sure. I can assure you the code is not similar both are incredibly complex and independant. I expect to release more updates tweaking it.

I think the better promotion and other things like this happen it will get even more realistic.

This is my suggestion also.

I remember there was a time during the beta when it was a bit harder getting hits, and singles (even from big artist) peaked in the lower part of the chart..it would be nice to have a single chart that works in part thanks to popularity, in part thanks to song quality, in part thanks to promotion, with songs debuting not always that high and to promote to see a growth!

All of that and 10's more values are used to influence it. Reality is if this happens more ill get bug reports because maybe xx didnt get number one everywhere with a 90 average album.

Streaming will changw things up and as radio is developed more so will that. the charts will evolve over time. Striking a good balance is tricky but love getting the feedback and suggestions.

I’m sure streaming and radio would be an amazing add to the singles chart and would make it a lot more realistic! Looking forward for it