Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Progressive Rock/Metal and other genres, and Instrumental songs

aetheriscool

There's a bunch of genres, and yet progressive rock and metal are missing. It's a rather popular genre, and quite different from normal rock and metal. Appetite for Destruction by Guns n' Roses and The Dark Side of The Moon by Pink Floyd are completely different types of rock. One is hard rock/glam rock and the other one is progressive rock. I feel it's necessary to differentiate them.

Other genre suggestions:

Alternative Rock (very important genre in the rock community. Again, Radiohead and Pink Floyd are both rock, but they're pretty damn different.)

Symphonic Rock/Metal (You already have the violin and cello options, so why not include this genre? It would also blend

really well with the idea of movie soundtracks, since having a 'symphonic' song in a movie makes a lot of sense.)

Art Pop (This one is a little more specific and niche, but it really wouldn't hurt to add it. The way I see it, having a wide variety of genres adds more fun to the game, even if you won't end up using many of them.)

Jazz

Jazz Rap (To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar, anyone? Also, you've already got the saxophone/trumpet options, so it works well.)

Now, to my other idea: Instrumental songs

Instrumental songs are a staple of electronica and genres like progressive rock. I feel this is an important feature to have.

I don't know the way you'd implement them, but you should be able to differentiate them from songs with actual lyrics in them.

Thank you for your time, and I really hope you at least consider adding some of these genres. (Progressive rock and metal in specific, wink wink)

There is a reason for this and its ultimatetly due to the gameworld balance. Im thinking later of adding sub genres, this will come later on if I can work out how.