Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Complete Database

Guest marco999

Guest marco999

Anyone started to work on a more complete database yet?

I mean with all the artists and bands people have suggested in other topics, since most of them aren't in the official database.

Guest marco999

I'm interested in working on it, but there's no way I can do it all alone. If someone's interested, just leave a post below and maybe we can start working on it.  :)

Guest lukecocalis

I'm interested in working on it, but there's no way I can do it all alone. If someone's interested, just leave a post below and maybe we can start working on it.  :)

i can help

Guest marco999

i can help

Great! I ran into issues with the editor and posted about it on the forums, waiting for Mark to address it before I start working on it.

Guest marco999

When I start working on a database, I'll tackle the sponsors, tv shows, radio stations, festivals and celebrities.

I really wish to work on award shows, but the maximum of 10 slots per award shows is incredibly limiting and doesn't allow to create shows like the Grammys, the AMA, BET Awards and pretty much every other award shows.

So, basically, I'm looking for people to work on artists, bands and labels. I can give a hand, but my musical knowledge isn't big enough to adequately rate the artists. Looking forward to work with you.

When I start working on a database, I'll tackle the sponsors, tv shows, radio stations, festivals and celebrities.

I really wish to work on award shows, but the maximum of 10 slots per award shows is incredibly limiting and doesn't allow to create shows like the Grammys, the AMA, BET Awards and pretty much every other award shows.

So, basically, I'm looking for people to work on artists, bands and labels. I can give a hand, but my musical knowledge isn't big enough to adequately rate the artists. Looking forward to work with you.

Technically I can increase the limit and I think fairly easily but ill look at it once more stable as a few issues to sort.

Guest marco999

Thanks for the update!

It's an issue I've seen on these forums about the award shows and it's great to know you're going to fix it! Continue your great work, Mark!

Guest marco999

Just completed my TV Shows section with all the correct contracted hosts.

Should I send it to you, Mark, or just post it on this thread?

I'm looking forward to continue working on this the future. If you're interested in helping me out, just let me know and I'll contact you to see what you could do!

Guest JGoulden

I could help working on the artists, bands and labels?

Guest marco999

Not sure if forum allows the extension but ill certainly add to mods xml so users can download via client.

Not really ure what that means, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to find out soon enough.  :)

Guest marco999

I could help working on the artists, bands and labels?

Alright, you can start right now and just send me private messages to report your progress  :)

Guest marco999

ill write some guidelines tonight tomorrow to assist. You can direct msg me the file too.

Seperate threads per mod.

Can't seem to find how to attach a file to a private message or a post... could be me that's bad, but I really can't. On a forum post, you have the Attachments and other options under the text box, but it's not there when you write a private message.

Guest marco999

Done

By the way, just noticed that the first link you posted misses a '"s" at the end and and I copied pasted it, so that could be the issue.

Guest marco999

Would it be possible to have more than 40 labels in the game, because right now you can't and that would be much easier for modding.

The maximum 10 parts per award show is also pretty limiting.

This is not urgent and clearly not a priority, but it would help a lot for modding :)

Would it be possible to have more than 40 labels in the game, because right now you can't and that would be much easier for modding.

The maximum 10 parts per award show is also pretty limiting.

This is not urgent and clearly not a priority, but it would help a lot for modding :)

I would love to remove the cap however there are reasons why it hasnt been as of yet.

The game restricts space for certain things, so it can control some of the game world because if it was uncapped it would grind to a halt.

So 40 labels all say having 30 artists all selling singles/albums. Not going to work. There is many many mannnnnny things in game to keep it under control and increasing the label count would just push things over the edge at this moment.

Done

By the way, just noticed that the first link you posted misses a '"s" at the end and and I copied pasted it, so that could be the issue.

I still havent received it. When you send the database did you zip it up? Ive received these files plenty of times before so dont believe being blocked my end.

Guest marco999

Done

I still havent received it. When you send the database did you zip it up? Ive received these files plenty of times before so dont believe being blocked my end.

Just sent it again in a zipped file for the two different emails you gave me. Hope you receive it this time :)

Give me a name for the mod and ill upload it to the mod database. If other than the topic I suggest you start a new thread to keep track of changes etc.

Guest marco999

It's called TV show mod.

I think you should check out the database I sent you, because when I downloaded it from the email and tried it in the game, none of the changes worked. I think I sent you the wrong one.

Guest marco999

ill take a look later today. In meantime send over one you think is correct in case and ill upload it later.

It wasn't the correct one, I just sent you the corrected version. This is the version 1.0 of my CompleteMod. Artists, Bands and Celebrities are coming! I am now accepting suggestions.

Guest marco999

The next objective is to add and sign everyone who's signed to Island Records IRL. If they're going out with someone famous and pertinent to the game, they'll be added to the game as well.

In the meantime, if you REALLY can't wait to have an artist or something else added to the game, just let me know by posting it on this thread.

If you have any comments, let me know as well.

Hope you like it :)